- Global Information
- Finding help
- About dementia
- Caring for a person with dementia
- I have dementia
- Patient & caregiver resources
- Global Solutions
- Global Knowledge
World Alzheimer’s Month 2014 - Dementia: Can we reduce the risk?
September is World Alzheimer's Month!
September 2014 marks the third global World Alzheimer’s Month™, an international campaign to raise awareness and challenge stigma. Alzheimer associations around the world will focus their campaigns on advocacy and awareness with information provision, Memory Walks, media appearances and free memory screenings taking place across the globe.
The theme for World Alzheimer's Month 2014 is ‘Dementia: Can we reduce the risk?', focusing on ways we may be able to help reduce our risk of developing dementia with brain healthy lifestyles.
In conjunction with World Alzheimer's Day™ (21 September), ADI launched the World Alzheimer Report 2014, looking at modifiable risk factors for dementia.
Take a look at infographics about risk reduction
- Infographic - What if you could reduce your risk of dementia (English)
- Infografía - ¿Y si pudieras reducir el riesgo de padecer demencia? (Spanish)
Download our Facebook and Twitter banners
Show your support for World Alzheimer’s Month by changing your cover photo for September.
Download World Alzheimer's Month posters
- Poster - Dementia: Can we reduce the risk? (PDF, English)
- Poster - Demencia: ¿Podemos reducir el riesgo? (PDF, Spanish)
|Find an event||Know the facts||Take action!|