- Global Information
- Global Solutions
- Global Knowledge
- World Alzheimer Reports
- WHO report
- Shaping global care
- 10/66 Research Group
- Helping Carers Intervention
- Alzheimer plans
- ADI Publications
World Alzheimer Report 2012: Overcoming the stigma of dementia
The World Alzheimer Report 2012: Overcoming the stigma of dementia, released on 21 September 2012, shares results from a worldwide survey conducted with people with dementia and carers on their personal experiences of stigma. The report provides information on stigma and dementia, highlights best practices in the field of dementia, and makes recommendations which could help reduce stigma.
Read the report
- World Alzheimer Report 2012 Summary Page (PDF, 2 pages)
- World Alzheimer Report 2012 (PDF, 80 pages)
- World Alzheimer Report 2012 Executive Summary (PDF, 18 pages)
- Traditional Chinese - Executive Summary (PDF, 18 pages)
The Executive Summary highlights the key findings and recommendations. The full report includes quotes from carers and people with dementia, further analysis of the survey responses and a selection of essays from people with expertise and experience relevant to dementia and stigma.
- How to successfully involve people with dementia in speaking roles for organisations (PDF, 6 pages)
- How to include people with dementia in the activities of Alzheimer associations (PDF, 2 pages)
Previous World Alzheimer Reports
This is the fourth World Alzheimer Report that ADI has produced, each on a different topic. The World Alzheimer Reports 2009, 2010 and 2011, focused on the global prevalence of dementia, the economic impact of the disease and the benefits of early diagnosis and intervention, respectively. Find out more about the previous reports.
The distribution of the report and the production of the film have been made possible with support from Nutricia.
ADI is also grateful to report authors Nicole Batsch and Mary Mittelman, and all those who contributed to the report. A list of acknowledgements can be found inside the front cover of the report.