- Global Information
- Finding help
- About dementia
- Caring for a person with dementia
- I have dementia
- Patient & caregiver resources
- Global Solutions
- Global Knowledge
- Reports and policy briefs
- World Alzheimer Reports
- ADI Publications
- 10/66 Research Group
- Helping Carers Intervention
- Dementia Friendly Communities
- Alzheimer plans
World Alzheimer Report 2010: The Global Economic Impact of Dementia
The World Alzheimer Report 2010 provides the clearest, most comprehensive global picture yet of the economic impact of Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
The report includes an estimate of the worldwide cost of dementia, including direct medical costs, direct non-medical costs and costs of informal (family) care. The estimates are broken down by world region and include analysis of the differences between low and high income countries.
The report also contains important policy recommendations and makes clear to key decision-makers that doing nothing is not an option.
The World Alzheimer Report 2010 is designed to build on the findings of the World Alzheimer Report 2009, which looks at the global prevalence of dementia.
- World Alzheimer Report 2010 - Executive Summary (PDF, 12 pages, 328KB)
- World Alzheimer Report 2010 (PDF, 56 pages, 818KB)
- 2010 Executive Summary - French (PDF, 12 pages, 696KB)
- 2010 Executive Summary - German (PDF, 12 pages, 707KB)
- 2010 Executive Summary - Traditional Chinese (PDF, 12 pages, 598KB)
- 2010 Executive Summary - Bulgarian (PDF, 5 pages, 157KB)
- 2010 Executive Summary - Russian (PDF, 9 pages, 211KB)
The World Alzheimer Reports
This is the second of the World Alzheimer Reports that ADI has commissioned, each on a different topic. Find out more about the World Alzheimer Reports.