- Global Information
- Finding help
- About dementia
- Caring for a person with dementia
- I have dementia
- Clinical trials
- Patient & caregiver resources
- Global Solutions
- Global Knowledge
- Reports and policy briefs
- World Alzheimer Reports
- ADI Publications
- 10/66 Research Group
- Helping Carers Intervention
- Dementia Friendly Communities
- Alzheimer plans
World Alzheimer Report 2009: The Global Prevalence of Dementia
The World Alzheimer Report 2009 presents the most comprehensive global prevalence study of dementia to date and looks at levels of mortality, disability, strain on carers and dependency.
The report also offers examples of good national dementia plans and information on health service responses. Importantly, the report also includes eight recommendations that will provide a global framework for action on dementia.
This first World Alzheimer Report includes an overview of dementia - what dementia is in terms of pathology, clinical features, course and management.
- World Alzheimer Report 2009 - Executive Summary (PDF, 24 pages, 478KB)
- World Alzheimer Report 2009 (PDF, 96 pages, 1284KB)
- 2009 Executive Summary - German (PDF, 24 pages, 490KB)
- 2009 Executive Summary - Spanish (PDF, 24 pages, 486KB)
- 2009 Executive Summary - French (PDF, 24 pages, 487KB)
- 2009 Executive Summary - Japanese (PDF, 24 pages, 2925KB)
- 2009 Executive Summary - Portuguese (PDF, 24 pages, 493KB)
- Appendix 1 (List of Global Burden of Disease regions) (PDF, 3 pages, 18KB)
- Appendix 5 (List of studies included in and excluded from meta-analysis) (PDF, 17 pages, 132KB)
The World Alzheimer Reports
This is the first in a series of World Alzheimer Reports that ADI has commissioned, each on a different topic. Find out more about the World Alzheimer Reports.