- Global Information
- Global Solutions
- Global Knowledge
World Alzheimer Reports
World Alzheimer Report 2013
The World Alzheimer Report 2013 is themed around long-term care. The report provides information about this important issue, aiding all stakeholders in the long journey of dementia care. The report includes information on the cost and effectiveness of care and makes important recommendations which should be the fundamental drivers of long-term care policy in dementia.
World Alzheimer Report 2012
The World Alzheimer Report 2012: Overcoming the stigma of dementia shares results from an international survey of people with dementia and carers on their personal experiences of stigma. The report also provides information on stigma and dementia, highlights programmes from around the world, and makes important recommendations which could help reduce stigma.
World Alzheimer Report 2011
The World Alzheimer Report 2011 shows that there are interventions that are effective in the early stages of dementia, some of which may be more effective when started earlier, and that there is a strong economic argument in favour of earlier diagnosis and timely intervention.
The World Alzheimer Report 2010 provides the clearest, most comprehensive global picture yet of the economic impact of Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
The report includes an estimate of the worldwide cost of dementia, including direct medical costs, direct non-medical costs and costs of informal (family) care. The estimates are broken down by world region and include analysis of the differences between low and high income countries. The report also contains important policy recommendations and makes clear to key decision-makers that doing nothing is not an option.
- World Alzheimer Report 2010 - Executive Summary (PDF, 12 pages, 328KB)
- World Alzheimer Report 2010 (PDF, 56 pages, 818KB)
- 2010 Executive Summary - French (PDF, 12 pages, 696KB)
- 2010 Executive Summary - German (PDF, 12 pages, 707KB)
- 2010 Executive Summary - Traditional Chinese (PDF, 12 pages, 598KB)
- 2010 Executive Summary - Bulgarian (PDF, 5 pages, 157KB)
- 2010 Executive Summary - Russian (PDF, 9 pages, 211KB)
The World Alzheimer Report 2010 is designed to build on the findings of the World Alzheimer Report 2009.
The World Alzheimer Report 2009 presents the most comprehensive global prevalence study of dementia to date and looks at levels of mortality, disability, strain on carers and dependency. The report also offers examples of good national dementia plans and information on health service responses. Importantly, the report also includes eight recommendations that will provide a global framework for action on dementia.
- World Alzheimer Report 2009 - Executive Summary (PDF, 24 pages, 478KB)
- World Alzheimer Report 2009 (PDF, 96 pages, 1284KB)
- 2009 Executive Summary - German (PDF, 24 pages, 490KB)
- 2009 Executive Summary - Spanish (PDF, 24 pages, 486KB)
- 2009 Executive Summary - French (PDF, 24 pages, 487KB)
- 2009 Executive Summary - Japanese (PDF, 24 pages, 2925KB)
- 2009 Executive Summary - Portuguese (PDF, 24 pages, 493KB)
- Appendix 1 (List of Global Burden of Disease regions) (PDF, 3 pages, 18KB)
- Appendix 5 (List of studies included in and excluded from meta-analysis) (PDF, 17 pages, 132KB)