The 10/66 Dementia Research Group acknowledges with gratitude the funding it has received to support its research
The pilot studies were conducted largely without the benefit of funding support. The contributors thank the many research workers and clinicians who volunteered their time, and who are too numerous to be credited individually.
The following centres received direct funding support for the pilot research program:
- São Paulo and Botucatu (Brazil) - FAPESP grant no.1998/12727-0 and CNPq grant no. 301330/96-4 (São Paulo),
- Taipei (Taiwan) - National Science Council of Taiwan Grant No: NSC-89-2314-B-195-029,
- Vellore (India) and Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic) – World Health Organisation.
Population-based study, prevalence phase
- Cuba and Brazil - The Wellcome Trust Health Consequences of Population Change Programme (GR066133)
- India, Dominican Republic and China - The World Health Organisation
- Peru, Mexico and Argentina - The US Alzheimer’s Association (IIRG – 04 – 1286)Venezuela - FONDACIT.
Population-based study, incidence phase
- Peru, Mexico, Argentina, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Venezuela and China - The Wellcome Trust Health Consequences of Population Change Programme; (GR08002)
- India - The Wellcome Trust Health Consequences of Population Change Programme (Master’s level fellowship for Mr Jotishwaran)
- The Rockefeller Foundation supported our recent dissemination meeting at their Bellagio Centre. Alzheimer’s Disease International has provided support for networking and infrastructure.